Copy editing is an essential step in the process of publishing any type of content, whether it’s a blog post or a full length manuscript. And in the world of online content, search engine optimization (SEO) is king. That’s why it’s important for copy editors to understand the concept of the “17-article agreement.”
The 17-article agreement is a set of rules that content creators must follow in order to stay in line with SEO requirements. These rules were created by Google, the world’s largest search engine, and are designed to ensure that online content is high-quality, trustworthy, and relevant to users.
Here are the 17 rules of the 17-article agreement:
1. The article must have a clear and concise title.
2. The title should be optimized for SEO by including relevant keywords.
3. The article should have a clear introduction that outlines the main points of the article.
4. The introduction should contain keywords that are relevant to the topic.
5. The article should be well-structured with clear headings and subheadings.
6. Each section of the article should have a clear and concise message.
7. The article should be written in a tone that is appropriate for the audience.
8. The article should be free of spelling and grammatical errors.
9. The article should be written in a way that is easy to read and understand.
10. The article should be factually accurate and include any relevant sources.
11. The article should be original and not copied from another source.
12. The article should include relevant images and videos.
13. The article should be optimized for mobile devices.
14. The article should be shareable on social media platforms.
15. The article should be optimized for search engines by including relevant meta data.
16. The article should be updated regularly to ensure that the information is up-to-date.
17. The article should be written with the user in mind, not just for search engines.
By following these 17 rules, content creators can ensure that their articles are optimized for SEO and are providing value to their audience. As a copy editor, it’s important to keep these rules in mind when editing online content. By doing so, you can help your clients improve their online presence and attract more traffic to their website.