iOS Wallpaper Tips
This post is to serve as a quick and easy reference guide to anyone that wants to make their own wallpaper for their iPhone or iPad. if you are looking for options where to lease a car check this crew cab lease sites.
There are many iPhone 4/4s wallpapers that can be used as reference, but I would like to break it down for those who want a fresh slate for their iPhone 4/4s wallpaper.
- Open Photoshop and make a new canvas: 640×960 px, 326 ppi
- Set up your grid: Remember the icons are 114x114px and the vertical gutter is 38px with side margins of 35px. For the horizontal guides, there are a few extra things you have to consider, such as the status bar (40px), pages (32px), and bottom dock (158px). View the grid to help you set up your guides:
The nice thing about the iPhone 5 is that you have extra space at the bottom to play with when designing your own wallpaper. Typically, I use this space for extra graphics that won’t be covered by icons, but you can always continue your icon background all the way to the base menu. Follow below to get yourself set up to make your own iPhone 5 wallpaper.
- Open Photoshop and make a new canvas: 640×1136 px, 326 ppi
- The guides for the iPhone 5 are very similar to the iPhone4, but include 1 more row of apps. Use the below for setting up your grid.
iPad Retina (i.e. “The New iPad”)
When designing an iPad wallpaper, you need to think a bit differently than making wallpapers for iPhone. The wallpaper can be used either vertically or horizontally, so the canvas needs to be square with a center focus area where you plan your design. Sadly, it’s almost impossible to make shelf wallpapers for this reason. Follow below to set the stage for your very own iPad wallpaper.
- Open Photoshop and make a new canvas: 2048×2048 px, 264 ppi
- Design your wallpaper within the focus area of: 1536×1536px. View the grid below for an example of how to set up your wallpaper.
Wikipedia list of displays by pixel – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_displays_by_pixel_density#Apple
iPhone 4s/5 & iPad BluePrint by MrDude42 @ Deviantart – http://mrdude42.deviantart.com/gallery/